Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We Don't Like Eggs


Good morning to all. Today brought another challenge...scrambled eggs for breakfast!!!! Gman woke up very hungry this morning and started asking for food right away. I invited him to help me prepare the eggs. He helped me, but wasn't any too happy about it. We cooked to eggs with salt and butter, kid friendly right? Wrong! After much protest both boys tasted the eggs, gaged, and spit them onto their plates. The deal I made was to taste the eggs and you could then have one frozen eggo. It may sound strange, but I've found that if I can just get the boys to taste new foods they generally go on to like them. Today I struck out, but there is always another day. I've read tons about picky eaters and the consensus seems to be that the children need multiple exposures before they incorporate a new food into their diets. The plan around our place to introduce one week of new foods (this week) and then each person in the family will get to choose one meal a day to put on our menu for the week. It should look something like this:


Day: Break: Dinner:


Mon. Gman: Daddy


Tues. Mommy: Zman


Wed. Daddy: Gman


Thurs. Zman: Mommy


Fri. Gman: Daddy


Sat. Mommy: Zman


Sun. Daddy: Gman


Hopefully we'll find some new foods that the kids like before school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment