Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chicken Nugget Success!


Wow where has the last week gone? I'm sorry I haven't posted, but my cleaning spree began on Friday and before I knew what hit me it was Thursday again! There have been few new developments over the last week, but it is worth reporting that the chicken nugget experiment was a huge success. I found boneless skinless chicken breasts for $0.99lb (thanks Marnie) at HEB last week. I used 6 pounds of this chicken cut into bite sized pieces. I followed the recipe I posted on the blog last week. All in all it took me just over an hour to bread and cook all of the nuggets. I put them onto a metal cookie sheet in the deep freezer over night and then into a freezer zip lock the next day. I now have enough nuggets frozen to feed my boys for at least a month for just over $6.00!
My boys have been asking for these nuggest and they taste wonderful when reheated. I feel so much better about feeding these to my crew since they are made with 100% whole wheat flour, flax seed, no salt, and no preservatives. I can't recommend these nuggets strongly enough if you have little chicken nugget addicts in you household. Please post and let me know if you try them and how they work out for your crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment